Simple Skincare

Now there's nothing I love more than waking up in the morning, looking in the mirror and going 'oh actually my skin looks pretty go...

Now there's nothing I love more than waking up in the morning, looking in the mirror and going 'oh actually my skin looks pretty good this morning'... However, I hate spending time on it and don't even really like spending money on it, give me a new foundation over a new cleanser any day. But, over the past six months or so, I've managed to find some fuss-free skincare that works for me, and doesn't take too long either. 

First up, Botanics Shine Away Clay Mask. I first purchased this little baby a few months ago when 
my skin was playing up and Boots conveniently had an offer on it and it really wowed me. It calms down any redness caused by blemishes, speeds up the amount of time they take to heal and general keeps my skin in tip-top condition. However, it did make my boyfriends skin rather red and angry when he used it, so sensitive girls beware!

Now, up next is a cult beauty product loved by celebrities and bloggers alike. Caudalie Beauty Elixir is one of those products that you certainly don't need, but its rather nice to have. This is my second bottle and it's clear to see I love it. I do think it calms redness and helps with spots in some respects but, really I just think it smells rather nice. 

Botanics Facial Oil is a product I have an interesting relationship with. I do like it, and I did used to love it, but since trying other facial oils it just doesn't match up (Caudalie's divine oil and Nude's progenius treatment oil if you were wondering). The other oils I tried really cleared up my skin and helped with blemishes massively, and Botanics offering doesn't have the same effect. However, it does hydrate my skin nicely and has a nice citrusy scent to it. Oh yeah, not to mention it's so much cheaper than the other offerings, so for now it'll do. 

I don't know how I ever lived without Micellar Waters, Honestly. They are so good for taking my makeup off, and I keep a bottle along with cotton wool pads next to my bed for whenever I can't be bothered to cleanse. However, the brand I use changes constantly. The Caudalie offering above is good, but not the best (but has a cute bottle), but both Vichy's, Bioderma and L'oreal's waters are great. I recommend them all. Maybe my next skincare post should be a comparison of them, there must be some differences surely...

Finally, probably my most enjoyable product to use is the Botanic's Refreshing Eye Roll On. It has a metal ball applicator and smooths a lovely cool serum onto the eye area. I enjoy using this in the evening, but first thing on a morning, especially after a drink or two the night before, this comes into it's own. It's so refreshing on the eyes, and really reduces any puffiness, perfect!

Wow, so I use a lot of Botanic's and Caudalie, and I didn't even realise. Other notable mentions go to La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo and Neutrogena's Visibly Clear Oil Free Moisturiser, both of which are fantastic and help keep my skin clear. I've run out of both at the moment though so couldn't picture them, but I'm missing them already so I think a trip to Boots is in order tomorrow! 

What are your favourite skincare items? Let me know in the comments below! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images