The Perfect Nude?

Now I've never been one for a nude lip really, mainly because I'd much rather slick on something bold which will distract everyone ...

Now I've never been one for a nude lip really, mainly because I'd much rather slick on something bold which will distract everyone from how bad the rest of my makeup looks, and also because I have really pigmented lips so nude lipstick tends not to suit me, but lately I've been on a hunt for the perfect one.



My hunt was for a nude lipstick that wasn't too matte, wasn't too glossy, was pigmented enough to cover my naturally dark lips, and was in a shade that wouldn't wash me out, or make it look like I'd put concealer on. 

And, I think I might just have found it, Rimmel's Lasting Finish Lipstick in Shade 03 (wow, very imaginative Rimmel). It's a soft pink-brown shade which certainly isn't that nude, but it's not too bold either. It's a very similar tone to my own lip colour, but about 2 shades paler, so while looking nude, manages to actually suit me. I have some of Rimmel's other lipsticks and they are really matte, but this shade isn't. It sits somewhere in between a satin and a glossy finish. I would liken it to Mac's Cremesheen finish. It's wear time isn't anything to write home about, but its so easy to reapply- no mirror necessary! 

Oh I forgot to mention, it's only £5.49, and is currently on the 3 for 2 offer at Boots. Go and snap one up!

For me, it's the perfect nude, and I will certainly be wearing it this festive season paired with a smokey eye. 

What is your perfect nude shade? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images