Revlon Matte Balms Review and Swatches

As soon as I saw the swatches and shades of the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms popping up on blogs, I knew I needed them. Matte lipsticks ar...

As soon as I saw the swatches and shades of the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms popping up on blogs, I knew I needed them. Matte lipsticks are my favourite as I think they make it much easier to pull off brighter hues, and the new shades Revlon were set to release looked great. Since Boots are currently offering 3 for 2, it seemed only polite to pick up three shades... right?

Revlon Matte Balms swatches and review


The three shades I picked up were Complex, Elusive and Nude, as I thought they were all different but still really simple, easy to wear shades. As far as the formula goes, these are pretty amazing. They give  a very matte finish, but don't dry out the lips at all, and I've found them to wear for about 4 hours, before they need topping up. Standout, in particular, is a ... standout ... when it comes to longevity, easily lasting to the 6 hour mark while I was drinking.

Revlon matte balms review and swatches


Revlon describes the three shades as:

Complex: A peachy brown nude
Elusive: A blue toned light pink
Standout: A dark berry red

For me, these descriptions are slightly off. I find complex to be a warm toned nude, Elusive to be a mid-toned light pink, and Standout to be a true blue toned red (and a possible dupe for Mac's Russian Red).
Despite their dodgy shade description, I actually really like these balms and considering there all I've worn for the last week, it's safe to say they are my new favourite lipsticks.

revlon matte balms swatches and review


Let me know if you've picked any of the Revlon Matte Colourburst Balms up, I'm already on the lookout for some more shades to add to my collection!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images